Photo: Flickr, Keith Bloomfield

Vintage fair at Leamington Spa Assembly

Judy’s Affordable Vintage Fair was held at Leamington Spa on Saturday 8 February. Vintage traders from all around the country set up stalls in The Assembly.

The fair visits over 30 cities across the United Kingdom, from Edinburgh to Brighton, and has been held at Leamington Spa since 2011.

Clothes, collectibles, jewellery, and furniture were some of the things on offer. Retro and vintage hair beauty salon, Chez Titine, was also a great attraction for those less interested in the vintage items for sale.

A balcony tea party catered by Pear of Peas offered guests a range of treats ranging from  home-made tomato soup, sausage rolls, a variety of cakes and tarts and tea.

Third-year Law undergraduate, Yomi Adegoke, expressed her excitement: “If fashion royalty like the likes of Florence Welch and Chloe Sevigny are fans of Judy’s Fair it must have some pretty decent stock. Plus, there’s cake – which is always nice.”

Pamela Nnajiuba, a fourth-year History and Spanish undergraduate, was however slightly deterred by the £2 entrance fee: “I like the idea of the market but I don’t understand why you have to pay an entrance fee, it’s a bit discouraging.”

Sorrel Holliday, a final-year History of Art and French undergraduate, on the other hand, was more sympathetic to the entrance costs.

“The event organisers need to hire out the space, and if they are selling things cheaply it may be difficult for them to cover costs. If everyone pays a small entrance fee, it means the sellers can keep things cheap, and everyone is happy.”