Photo: Warwick Real Ale Society

Real Ale Festival 2014

The Warwick Real Ale Society hosted its 35th annual Real Ale Festival over three nights from 13 to 15 February.

Attendees of the festival were presented with a wide range of beers, ciders and ales to choose from this year, with a new foreign beers section being available. The infamous ‘Turbo Purple’ was also available for people to try.

Also making a return was the ‘hog roast’, a special house roast dinner, which was served each night of the festival.

More than 2,700 people were in attendance of the event over the three nights, with 125 caskets of beer being sold and all foreign beers selling out.

Asbjørn “Screw Those Guys” Nilsen Riseth, President of the Real Ale Society, was delighted with how the festival went. 

He told the Boar: “The festival went well, we broke even and will be able to donate some money to charity this year as well.

“I’m very happy that we can put on an event that attracts people who would normally never consider going to the Copper Rooms.”

As well as beers and ciders, there was also entertainment at the festival. Popular British pub singer and regular act at  Dr Busker performing on the Thursday night. Featuring on Friday was the Warwick Big Band, with the Betrunken Wurst Bavarian Band performing on Saturday.