Photo: Thomas Fischler / Flickr

Annual China Forum held in November

The annual China Forum was held by the China in Focus Society on Saturday 16 November.

Scholars from around the world were invited to speak about domestic and international Chinese-related issues.

China in Focus aim to provide an unbiased platform for anyone interested in Chinese-related issues to learn more about China and exchange their ideas with others.

The China Forum has previously taken place in term two.  Tenzin Yangki, the events executive of China in Focus, stated that the decision was made due to the concentration of forums going on later in the year.

“The change has definitely made organisation more hectic this year but the previous exec were really helpful in passing on resources,” she said.

China in Focus aims to make the forum accessible to anyone with an interest in China.

Tenzin Yangki added: “We want to encourage all students to come – the talks are held in English.”

The organising team has also tried to branch out into more humanity-related topics this year:  “We want discuss China as more than just an economic structure, but as an entity of Chinese people and culture,” said Tenzin Yangki.

Numerous topics were covered this year including politics, philosophy, religion and economics.

China in Focus are pleased that an engaged audience took part in exchanges with guest speakers during the question and answer session.

The Annual China Review is to be released next term.