Photo: Warwick SU

Warwick Accommodation to host drop-in

Warwick Accommodation will be hosting a drop-in on Wednesday 27 November in the Students’ Union (SU) Atrium.

It is aimed at advising students regarding off-campus housing options for the 2014-2015 academic year.

Students can drop by at anytime between 10am and 4pm, where the Warwick Accommodation property management team will be present to give advice on the local area and answer any questions students may have.

Vivienne Lazib, a first-year PPE student, said: “Being misguided first year students, easily intimidated by rumours and terrified by horror stories, this event will most likely be useful.”

Cathryn Turhan, SU welfare and campaigns officer, welcomed the idea of an accommodation drop-in for Warwick students.

She commented: “Housing day is a great opportunity for students new to Warwick to talk to professional advisors about finding the right first house!

“We can check contracts for you, and offer advice on landlords, deposits, disrepair, or any other problems you might have. You can even talk to students about living in the local area you’re thinking about moving to.”

Available properties can be viewed online by students via the Warwick Accommodation website, where friendship groups can also be created for those wishing to live in either small or large groups.

More properties will be added to the website over the next few months for groups who don’t get properties straight away.

The website also has a service which allows students to book viewings and accept houses. Students can do this from 12pm on Wednesday 27 November.

Students who opt to book through Warwick Accommodation will be able to browse through properties available in Coventry, Leamington Spa and Kenilworth, catering for groups of up to 11 students.

In addition, students will benefit as Warwick Accommodation ensures that there is nothing to pay until October 2014.

For more information on Warwick-managed Accommodation and its benefits, visit this website.