The fourth season of The Walking Dead continues in thrilling style photo: ewenanddonabel

The Walking Dead Series Blog – Isolation

The fourth season of The Walking Dead is certainly holding strong at this point – a fact that is helped by the lack of miniscule and seemingly insignificant plotlines and characters that were a feature of the last series.

In the newest episode, we continue to search for the prison killer, learn more about the mysterious disease and witness a vicious zombie attack.

The tragedy of two murdered residents turns ugly when Rick and Tyreese end up in a brawl, which unsurprisingly ends with the former having to be pulled away from the fight. The two later reconcile, but there remains a tension between them as Tyreese pushes Rick to find the killer.

It looks like the calm and collected Rick that we saw in the previous episode won’t be with us for long, and Tyreese looks like he’s heading in a similarly frightful direction.

Later in the episode we see Daryl, Bob (the alcoholic), Michonne and Tyreese set off on another supply run, interrupted by a herd of zombies which they successfully escape. With an increasing frequency of zombie attacks, there seems to be a pertinent intimation that the survivors are slowly becoming outnumbered.

Elsewhere, the sick are getting sicker and Sasha and Glenn are their two latest victims. Following this, the isolation begins and those who are infected or could have been infected are separated off from the healthy residents. Carol also discovers a stricken Lizzie – the resident zombie-lover who has taken quite a liking to her.

Finally, after having been given hints throughout the duration, the mystery of the prison killer is resolved. We witness as Carol tries to fix the water flow, but she is interrupted by Tyreese asking her to look after his sister. She agrees, giving her sympathy for Karen before breaking down and crying once Tyreese leaves.

Something is not right with her either when she attempts to fix the water hose outside of the fence, which ends up attracting walkers. Rick is the one who saves her, which is perhaps why he figures out that it was Carol who killed the residents.

It was an episode less action-packed than the last but was still significant in learning more about Tyreese and Carol. Now that Rick knows, it’ll be interesting to see what he does with that information, and if he will or will not decide to tell Tyreese.