Photo: Warwick Media Lib

Leamington Learning Grid anniversary

The Leamington Learning Grid celebrated its one year anniversary of supporting students in Leamington Spa on November 5.

To mark a very successful year since it first opened on 5 November 2012, the Learning Grid held a small informal ceremony with cake
and refreshments.

Learning Grid Leamington offers the same service model of peer support as the other three Learning Grids on campus: the Learning
Grid at University House, the Biomed Grid and the latest addition,the Learning Grid Rootes.

The Learning Grid in Leamington provides a space for students living in Leamington to study without the need to travel to campus. Learning Grid Advisers are also available to support students in getting the most out of the space. It offers students the chance to study off-campus between 12pm and 10pm on weekdays, and 9am to 5pm at weekends.

Learning Grid Co-ordinator Colette Webb remarked: “The student community have welcomed the opportunity to have a place to work
in Leamington with over 3,300 students using the space in October alone.”

Situated on the ground floor of Leamington Spa Town Hall, the Learning Grid has bookable computers, study desks, and a group meeting room and a number of open access spaces.

Warwick students who attended the event remarked: “For me, the grids are the ideal place for group work; being able to book presentation rooms so easily has really helped with my group projects over the past year.

“One of the best things about the Leamington Grid is its location– as I’m mostly working off-campus at the moment it’s great to have
study spaces so close by.”

The anniversary event was a success. The Learning Grid Leamington will continue to be a valuable and convenient resource for students living Leamington.

All members of the University are welcome to use the Learning Grid; access is permitted with a University card.