Warwick Arts Centre, photo: WAC

Christmas at Warwick Arts Centre

Warwick Arts Centre has an impressive selection of festive events lined up for those eager to enter the Christmas spirit this winter.

On Saturday 30 November and Sunday 1 December, the centre is hosting a weekend of Christmas-themed music, food, workshops, crafts and family activities suitable for all ages.

There will be a food and craft market taking place around the iconic Koan with stalls filled with winter-warmers, gifts, sweet treats and homemade treasures.

Free craft workshops will take place in the Arts Centre, in particular a gingerbread decorating table and hot chocolate candy bar in the foyer, all accompanied by live music to entertain visitors.

Free activities will also take place in the Sports Centre on campus, whereby visitors can participate in light-hearted competitions and themed races as well as the climbing wall and snowball table tennis!

There will also be shows and performances which include a fancy dress Christmas concert and short films and workshops including ‘Room on the Broom’ and ‘Blast Off!’, a space-themed Christmas show promising laughs, silliness and music.

The chance to be part of a living snow globe is open to all, alongside the Book Shop Book Corner and Make & Take Creative table.

Undergraduate student and Student Arts Representative co-ordinator, Harley Ryley, expressed her excitement for the weekend, saying: “Christmas is a great time to visit the Arts Centre, with so much going on for people of all ages.

“Particular highlights for me will be ‘Blast Off!’ at the Family Weekend, and of course our fantastic Christmas show ‘Room on the Broom’.”

For more information and the full programme, visit the Arts Centre website; www.warwickartscenter.co.uk