My Childhood Bookshelf at a Glance: Poppy Rosenberg

'Blueberries For Sal' A story about mistaken identity - mama bear and mama human swap their toddlers. Passed down from my Grandma from across the pond. Illustration detailed and beautiful even now.

‘Blueberries For Sal’
A story about mistaken identity – mama bear and mama human swap their toddlers. Passed down from my Grandma from across the pond. Illustration detailed and beautiful even now.

Mr Magnolia Has Only One Shoe - fairly self explanatory, guy is a bit chaotic and has only one shoe. Dad used to play around and replace 'shoe' with various words, very mature...

‘Mr Magnolia Has Only One Boot’ – fairly self explanatory, guy is a bit chaotic and has only one shoe. Dad used to play around and replace ‘shoe’ with various words, very mature…

Make Way For Ducklings - another one from my Grandma and with almost identical illustration styles. Heart warming tale about a mother leading her eight ducklings across the busy town of Boston to the safety of the park (with some help from Policman Clancy). My favourite.

Make Way For Ducklings – another one from my Grandma and with the same illustration styles. Heart warming tale about a mother leading her eight ducklings across the busy town of Boston to the safety of the park (with some help from Policman Clancy). My favourite story and memories of being read this bedtime story by my dad!

'The Doomspell' - First in trilogy of fantasy/ mythical novels. Brother and Sister duo act as feisty protagonists propelled into a magical world ravaged by a war between the wizards and evil witches. Quite simply my favourite book, ever.

‘The Doomspell’ – First in trilogy of fantasy/ mythical novels. Brother and Sister duo act as feisty protagonists propelled into a magical world ravaged by a war between the wizards and evil witches. Quite simply my tweenage favourite book.

'Professor Puffendorf' - Lady is a high-flying inventory (making such things as smell-o-telephone, unburnable toast and spectacle-screen-wipers). Employs lazy italian who steals potions. In a moment of serious error tests it on guinea-pig, long story short: man becomes rodent sized, chippy the guinea pig turns human size and takes professor to the pub.

‘Professor Puffendorf’ – Lady is a high-flying inventory (making such things as smell-o-telephone, unburnable toast and spectacle-screen-wipers). Employs lazy italian who steals potions. In a moment of serious error tests it on guinea-pig, long story short: man becomes rodent sized, chippy the guinea pig turns human size and takes professor to the pub