Last year’s screening of How to Train your Dragon attracted over 1000 students; photo: Katherine Sroga

Warwick Student Cinema hosts outdoor screening

Tocil Field will be hosting Warwick Student Cinema’s (WSC) flagship event, the outdoor screening, at 10pm on the Wednesday of Week 10.

The free outdoor screening, sponsored by KPMG, will be showing the animated film Kung Fu Panda, which stars Hollywood names such as Jack Black and Dustin Hoffman.

Previous years have also tended to feature animated films, such as Finding Nemo in 2006, and Ice Age in 2007.

WSC President Katherine Sroga said this was down to ensuring that “the film we pick is suitable for everyone”.

WSC has hired special projection and sound equipment, as well as a large inflatable screen, to make sure that the event goes off without a hitch.

Katherine Sroga commented: “It makes a whole year of hard work from our executive team and crew worth it to see Tocil Field full of people, and to give all students the chance to attend such a special event for free, thanks to our sponsor KPMG.”

The outdoor screening has proved a popular feature of the last weeks of the academic year for some time.

1000 students attended last year’s free screening of How to Train your Dragon, while 800 attended the 2011 screening of Up in spite of the rain.

However, Ms Sroga added: “We are keeping our fingers crossed for a clear sky this time.”