Photo: Images_of_Money / Flickr

Warwick above average in charitable giving

The University of Warwick was among the universities with an above average increase in their charitable donations in the 2011-2012 academic year.

There was a record average increase in university donations of 14 percent across the UK, and Warwick boasted an increase of 20 percent in their donations from the previous academic year.

The University raised an extra £700,000 on top of the previous total, raising £4,169,236 in one year.

The University of Warwick is now well over halfway in its Forward 50 Project, having accumulated over £30million of its £50million goal, which they hope to achieve by 2015.

Peter Dunn, head of communications at the University, commented: “This shows that Warwick’s alumni and other donors are really supportive of the particular vision of our 50 Forward Campaign, which aims to raise £50 million by 2015 to solve some of the most pressing challenges facing the world today.”

The Student Call Centre works to contact Warwick alumni in order to maintain positive relations and encourage donations, and this may be part of the reason that the university has received an above-average increase in charitable giving.

Its recent status as a top target for graduate employers is also likely to bring in some extra donations, helping the 50 Forward project be achieved.