Cold weather and a cold war?

**The weather has caused the defeats of many great men, Napoleon and Hitler both lost huge numbers of troops during the Russian Winter. What would these men say if they looked at Britain today?**

This year we saw in our own area the havoc that winter played on our country. The transport system was in disarray and even university life stopped for a period of time. It is time the South asks themselves, how long can Britain survive.

In the North, where people seem to think that trains still run on coal and the ‘house’ is a synonym for ‘hole in the ground’ we have long done without heat in winter. More importantly the Scots know too that the weather is survivable at temperatures below 5 degrees in winter. So how long is it until the inevitable happens and Scotland declares war?

The year is 2020, Scotland having declared independence in 2014 by a small margin after British MPs promised not to introduce tuition fees in Scotland (leading to a huge surge in Scottish nationalism before the inevitable happened). As the Euro Crisis continued and state after state became governed by European bureaucrats to help save the euro, a shift to the extremes occurred.

In Greece, Golden Dawn won the election after its leaders beat up all the contenders on live TV again. This led to a spread of right wing dictatorships across Europe except in France, Italy, Spain and Germany which under the Euro came together in a federal Union and after much discussion accepted the name ‘Germany’ because Angela Merkel told them to. Switzerland as usual decided that it had better things to do, so didn’t have fun out of it.

In the ensuing chaos Scotland decided that it would attack England who was at the time having a snowstorm with an inch of snow on the ground! The North decided that the Scots were friendlier than the Southerners who had introduced a Northerner tax because they thought that the North should do something for the country other than just scrounge of the South and its hard working bankers.

With the roads blocked the army could not fight the Scots and the RAF was warned that due to health and safety war was far too dangerous especially with snow. The only option was Trident and as Britain fought Scotland with nuclear weapons the world was destroyed thanks to the ensuing nuclear war.

In short, beware of the omnipresent winter.