Elections results party is a success

**The Copper Rooms saw a large turnout on Friday 1 March for this year’s Student Union (SU) Elections Results Party.**

After voting closed at 9pm, students and supporters of candidates were there to offer some final encouragement before the results were announced.

Warwick TV set up a three hour live broadcast of the event, in collaboration with RaW, for audiences watching on the web. The BoarLive twitter reached 360 followers throughout the pre-results build up.

The popularity of and interest surrounding the results were clear as #WarwickVotes became the third highest trend in the UK on Twitter.

The results were hosted by radio personality and third-year Tom Davies, who revealed the successful candidate of each role; beginning with part time officers.

The NUS Conference delegates are Ben Sundell, James Entwhistle, Anna Chowcat, and Baris Yerli.

The women’s officer is Louisa Ackermann, the LGBTUA+ officer is Adam Lambert, and Waqar Ahmed won the position of ethnic minorities officer.

The disabled students officer is Sam Fry, and the undergraduate representatives include Iain Carson, Matthew Jarman, Miguel Costa Matos and Emilia Antiglio.

The results event revealed each new sabbatical officers every 20 minutes, and ended with the revelation of next year’s SU president, Ben Sundell, just before 1am in the morning.

The celebrations continued after the presidential announcement.