Bath Place Community Venture seeks return to its roots

The Bath Place Community Venture (BPCV) has expressed interest in returning to its original base in Bath Place.

The Boar has learnt that the old BPCV site, located behind the Iceland supermarket in Leamington, is to be registered as a Community Asset under the Localism Act 2011.

Site Manager Clayton Denwood at BPCV told the Boar: “if successful, when the building comes on the market there will be a six month moratorium on the sale to allow us to raise the funds to purchase it. It’s a small step but it may have large implications.”

“There is an amazing opportunity here and it needs to be grasped by as many hands as possible.”

When asked what students could do help the project, Mr. Denwood stated: “Warwick Uni students have always been a big part of Bath Place and we would like to see that continue.

“We are currently working with Uni theatre groups and are looking forward to the presentation of the Vagina Monologues.”

BPCV was based at the former All Saints School since it was founded 1974, until a fire destroyed this site in September 2009. It then moved to the Old Library on York Road until it had to leave in September 2012 as the owners sold the premises to develop luxury flats.

The community venture has since been operating out of the Band Factory in Althorpe Road.