University obtains Excellence in Research Award

**On January 22, Warwick, along with eleven other UK universities, gained the HR Excellence in Research Award.**

The award (supported by Vitae, an organisation committed to enhancing the quality and output of researchers) establishes Warwick as a leader in research among all European Universities Europe.

In order to qualify, the University received an internal and external evaluation against the European Charter and Code. Warwick has worked towards earning the HR Excellence in Research Award since 2009, with new induction programmes, new initiatives for PGRAS and research staff, mentoring schemes and transferable skills training being implemented.

David Willetts MP, Minister for Universities and Science said: “Our world-class universities are once again leading the way. It is great news that another eleven UK universities have been awarded the HR Excellence in Research Award.”

“The total number of UK institutions with this award is higher than in the whole of the rest of Europe put together, which is a great testament to the strength of our research base.”

UK universities also earned European recognition. European Commissioner for Research, Innovation and Science, Máire Geoghegan-Quinn said: “UK universities are leaders in strengthening the excellent research base in Europe, and in ensuring that our researchers have the right skills. So it is good to see so many organisations putting in place strong support for researchers and their careers.”

This award guarantees Warwick’s place internationally as a top research University