Survey: improving satisfaction with Warwick

More than 90 percent of students are satisfied with Warwick University, according to results in the latest Student Barometer.

4,000 Warwick students took part in the survey last autumn which revealed 90.3 percent of students are either satisfied or very satisfied with their overall experience at the University.

Students were particularly impressed with faith provision, the Graduate School and expert lectures, scoring 96.2, 97 and 95.5 percent respectively.

The results show improvements from 2011, including a 4.7 percent increase in satisfaction with support from Warwick Accommodation.

However there was a drop of 3.1 perecent in satisfaction with opportunities to work as part of a course of study, scoring 65.4 percent overall.

“We are pleased to see that our overall performance is on an upward trend,” said Warwick University spokesperson Anna Blackaby.

“Our feedback scores have improved over the last year (up 7.5 percent) as this has been a key area of focus for Warwick this academic year.

“The University has introduced measures to ensure the timeliness of feedback in recent months, so we hope to see satisfaction increase even more in this area in the future.”

Results amongst international students were also improved with satisfaction with opening a bank account is up 19.4% and the University’s Orientation programme is up 11.7%.

James Entwistle, education officer at Warwick SU, welcomed the results. He said: “I think it’s probably true to say that most students are happy with their experience at Warwick, and it’s an achievement for the University as well.

“Obviously there are some particular concerns e.g. food provision, work experience and financial concerns, but this is why this data is so useful in setting out the strategy for both the University and Union.

“Work-based opportunities as part of a course are a concern for the Union, as many involve significant costs and little support, and the Union will continue to see tackling this as a priority.”

Warwick SU received a 93.6 percent satisfaction rate and 97.1 percent of students were satisfied with SU sport clubs and societies. Mr Entwistle told the Boar that the Union is “really pleased” with the numbers.

More than 180 institutions took part in the world-wide survey which sets out to enable universities to make decisions on how to improve the student experience.