Leadership Development Summit comes to Warwick

**The Leadership Development Summit (LDS), hosted by Warwick AIESEC society, will soon be returning to campus.**

Aiming to help students realise their leadership potential and enhance a range of fundamental skills, the day will consist of a variety of talks, workshops and networking opportunities.

The day’s speakers range from authors, academics and alumni to entrepreneurs, professional coaches and mentors.

One of the speakers will be John Adair, a world leading authority on leadership. Having started his career in the national service, Pr Adair became the first professor of Leadership Studies.

Also speaking at LDS will be Chris Beer, CEO of Merryck & Co, the world’s leading Business Leaders Mentoring Company.

Drawing upon some recent research, Mr Beer will suggest key attributes required for leadership, as well as explaining examples of both good and poor practice.

The workshops throughout the day will focus on a variety of areas from the challenges and opportunities associated with being a long-term leader in a given field, to how to inspire, impact upon and ultimately lead others.

The Vice President of AIESEC Warwick society, said: “By organising the Leadership Development Summit 2013 we are aiming to help students develop their leadership potential to become effective leaders, and we hope that the Summit will inspire students to become proactive in their lives.

“Attend the Summit to hear from experienced speakers comprising of authors, professional coaches and mentors, academics, alumni, entrepreneurs and icons of leadership studies, who are all interested in sharing their perception of youth leadership and its relevance to the world today.”

With over 60,000 members, AIESEC is the world’s largest student-run organisation, focused on providing an integrated development experience comprising of leadership opportunities, international internships and participation in a global learning environment.

The AIESEC branch at the University of Warwick aims to contribute to students’ extra curriculum by hosting key events throughout the year, including career development conferences, leadership awareness events and national competitions.

All tickets to the LDS cost £5 and are available from the Students’ Union website. This price includes entry to all talks, workshops, a complimentary lunch, refreshments and closing reception.