Pure Health Club: the answer to your temporary gym dilemma

The Warwick University Gym may have closed for the start of term two but Leamington’s ‘Pure Health Club’ could prove to be the perfect antidote to the problem.

After trialing the gym with a friend, we were initially astounded by the centre’s inner decor and friendly staff. My pal’s first complimentary words were, “this is like the gym in Grand Theft Auto San Andreas,” and on entering the centre we were told there would be an instructor in the gym on hand should we have any problems.

The plush interior is complimented by a shiny, new changing room facility. The gym itself is state of the art. With an impressive array of bike, running, and weight machines it is impossible to have an incomplete session. There are also a selection of dumbells, incline and decline benches and bench press facilities, as you would expect.

But ‘Pure Health Club’ is so much more than just a gym. There is a modern pool with incredibly stylish lighting which oozes class. The stylish steam room and sauna the club also offers, grants you the sort of luxury you don’t associate with usual leisure centres or University gyms. Similarly, there are a plethora of fitness classes that are free to members, which are perfect for those who need that extra bit of motivation.

The deal ‘Pure’ currently offers is £100 for the term, which is currently accepted when any student purchases a ‘splat’ card. This works out at just £11 per week for the term. Included are three personal sessions with the club’s gym instructor, a personal exercise program tailored to your needs, and unlimited use of the clubs facilities.

Visit www.purehealthclub.com/ for more information and photos.