MaRaWthon: 100 hours broadcasting outside

**Warwick student radio station, [RaW 1251am](http://radio.warwick.ac.uk), will be broadcasting in the piazza for 100 hours nonstop to raise money for the Coventry Cyrenians.**

From midday on Monday 4 February to 4pm on Friday 8 February, members of RaW will be presenting programmes from the piazza despite any wintery weather.

“The idea came from the Freshers’ Week,” said Jimmy Murthi, station manager of RaW. “We did this then, and we want to do it again, but for longer and for good reasons such as charity. It can get more people involved.”

As well as the regular shows, there will be special programmes airing from 11pm to 8am each night, interacting with people on the spot. Passers-by will be invited to speak on air and request songs.

With the aim of raising £1000 for the Coventry Cyrenians, a local charitable organisation catering for homeless, vulnerable and disadvantaged people, RaW hopes to draw more attention by broadcasting in a public area.

“We thought during the broadcasting outside we’d be cold and shivering, so we want to help the locals suffering from similar circumstances.” Jimmy added.

The DJs intend to keep working in the piazza even if it rains or snows.

Sharika Ajaikumar, final-year International Management student said she would make a donation if she walks by the piazza. She said: “It’s a good idea to bring people’s attention, especially those who don’t usually listen to the radio.”

Second-year Chemistry student Rory Finn also expressed his support: “It really shows their determination by making sacrifices for charity. I’ll support them.”

Students can make donations via the SU website or text messages. They can also go directly to the piazza during the 100 hours of MaRaWthon.