Coventry eager to get on TV

**Crowds of people queued in Coventry Friday 11 January, all hoping to win a part in a new reality TV show based in the city.**

The hopefuls gathered in their hundreds outside Seven nightclub in Hales Street to audition for a role in the program ‘Sent To Coventry,’ which has been described as a “grittier” version of the ITV reality show ‘The Only Way Is Essex’ (TOWIE).

Fame-seekers had to prove themselves to a panel of judges which included TOWIE and Geordie Shore agent Chris Bryniarski, Hollyoaks star Holly Mathews, and director of the pilot show Tom Sharman.

People of all ages tried their luck, after Richard Wood one of the producers promised to consider “a diverse range of people: young, old, professional, or jobless so that we can create a fantastic show that appeals to all ages.”

Joanna, aged 43, from Walsgrave, Coventry brought her Bullmastiff-Rottweiler dog called Monarch with her. She said: “It would be wonderful if Monarch got through – he’s my little boy. I’ve got a big personality and love people. I love animals too.

“I’ve got plenty of life experience and I hope to get a job out of it and be successful.”
The response from Warwick students has been mixed.

Amy Johnson a second year English student has no interest in watching the pilot, which is expected in a few months. She said: “I’m not a fan of reality television, and I find TOWIE awful so I can’t imagine this being much better.”

However, fourth-year Chemistry student Dan Simpson thought that a show being filmed locally might prove popular with Warwick students.