£700,000 more invested in Chancellor’s Scholarships

**An additional £700,000 has been invested by the University of Warwick into its highly sought-after Chancellor’s Scholarships for postgraduate research students.**

On top of the increase in funding, the duration of the scholarships has been increased from 3 to 3.5 years.

For 2013/14 entry the Warwick Graduate School expects to award around 45 Chancellor’s Scholarships.

Awards made for entry in October 2013 may include either or both of the following, depending on the ranking of the application: the payment of academic fees at the Home/EU rate (£3,900 for full-time students in 2012-13) and/or a maintenance grant, in line with the UK Research Council stipend (£13,590 for full-time award holders in 2012-13).

Professor Jacqueline Labbe, Chair of the University of Warwick’s Board of Graduate Studies, said: “Warwick is one of the UK’s top ten research intensive universities and almost 45 percent of our students are postgraduates. Warwick has sought to build further on that success and since 2006/7 has adopted a goal of doubling its postgraduate research population by 2015/16.

“We are well on track to achieve this goal – since 2006/07 the postgraduate research student population at Warwick has increased from 1,102 to 1,796 (2011/12 entry), representing a percentage increase of 62.98 percent.

“We also recognise that the best students deserve the best level of support we can devise, and I am very pleased that from 2013 students to whom we award University funding will be supported for 3.5 years rather than the sector standard of 3 years.”

This competition, unlike most postgraduate funding, is open to Home, EU, and Overseas students from all disciplines at Warwick.

All eligible overseas students applying for a Chancellor’s Scholarship will also be considered for a Chancellor’s International Scholarship, which pays the full overseas fee, by using a single application for both competitions.

The deadline for applications is January 11 2013 and no late applications will be accepted.