World@Warwick host Charity Christmas Quiz

World@Warwick hosted its Charity Christmas Quiz on Monday night, with Students’ Union (SU) President Nick Swain donning a Santa Claus costume to help raise money.

Mr Swain had previously utilised the fund-raising potential of his Santa costume at events at the Terrace Bar, Ignis and Love Music Hate Homophobia.

“I’m just so happy to raise money for charity,” he told the _Boar_.

“World@Warwick have chosen it as a charity and I’m very happy to support them in this. When they said all you have to do is dress as Santa I was more than happy to oblige.”

For a £2 donation, guests could get their photograph taken with Nick Swain, as well as take part in the quiz and hear performances from Warwick Big Band. Two tickets for the Christmas Ball were offered as prizes in the quiz.

All proceeds will be given to charity Book Bus, which donates books to children in developing countries.

Amy Swain, Charities Coordinator for World@Warwick, said the society chose Book Bus as a charity after an informal discussion. She said they wanted a charity which reflected the international nature of the society, and Book Bus sends books to children all over the world, including Africa, South America and Asia.

World@Warwick hope to raise over £700 from this and previous events.