Warwick’s research journal expands

**_Reinvention_, an International Journal of Undergraduate Reserch, has launched their first issue in partnership with an expanded editorial team at Monash University, Australia.**

This move is one of the first steps towards closer alignment between the two universities since their alliance was announced earlier this year.

The latest issue, released on Monday 29 October, includes a wide range of papers from different disciplines; from a historical comparative study of London’s coffee houses and taverns in the 17th century, to the very heating topics, such as an economic view on the war in Afghanistan.

As Jure Jeric, editor of _Reinvention_ and third-year PPE student told the _Boar_, the ultimate aim of the journal is to promote and encourage undergraduate research across the globe.

In order to achieve that goal, one of the most important developments with the journal is an expansion of the editorial team to Monash University, with appointed two assistant editors: Georgia O’Connor and Justine Vincin.

_Reinvention_’s editorial team will be participating in an event at the Australian High Commission in London on Wednesday 31 October to recognise the importance of the joint efforts of both universities.

Managing editor Caroline Gibson said: “To support our partnership, we’ve built a large international team of students who are very excited about working with each other to ensure we publish the very best papers.”

Two Warwick assistant editors, Megan Roberts and James Hamp told the _Boar_ that it was “truly inspiring” to work as a part of the global editorial team.

“Not only has it expanded our international network, but it has also been very beneficial to our academic and personal development. We are looking forward to future projects, such as the upcoming joint conference of undergraduate research in spring next year, where Reinvention will take a prominent role.”

Any undergraduate across the globe can submit papers to the journal to be published and the journal is easily accessed online. The journal can be accessed via the Warwick website, where it is also possible to sign up to content alerts.

Currently there is an open invite for the Future Leaders contest, in co-operation with Warwick Economics Summit, which is aimed at undergraduate researchers in economics and finance. Reinvention is also currently looking for Journal Ambassadors.