University to host seventh annual WIDS

**The University is preparing to host its seventh annual Warwick International Development Summit.**

The event will be taking place in the third weekend of November, and will feature a range of speakers including the managing director of the World Bank, Mahmoud Mohieldin, and Jeffrey Sachs, special advisor to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon.

Running over the course of 3 days, the summit is the largest of its kind in the UK, and will host panel discussions, seminars and networking events for those interested careers in international development.

This year’s conference is entitled ‘Faces of international development: Old ideas, new solutions’ and will focus on bringing new solutions to age old problems such as environmental degradation and corruption.

The organisers aim to build on the success of previous years, introducing new corporate sponsors and an internship scheme for students with the International Rice Research Institute in the Philippines.

Coordinator Aleksandra Katolik said: “We are incredibly excited about the conference this year, the team have been fantastic and we’ve lined up a great range of speakers”

Tickets are available on the Warwick SU website, for either £12, (weekend pass) or £30 (premium pass).

Registration starts at 6pm on Friday, 16th November in The Street (Zeeman Building foyer).