Hook-up website for students launched

**A new dating website called ‘StudentShag’ has been launched online.**

The website aims to “get horny students get laid right across the country” and promises to “make your time at Uni that bit more fun (and naughty)!”

New members are invited to create a profile page and add a personal photograph free of charge. They can even send “winks” to communicate with potential hook-ups in their area without paying a penny.

If customers decide to upgrade to full membership in order to access hidden features on the site, it costs £19.95 for a month, £39.95 for thirty days, or £89.95 for a year.
As a full member you are entitled to add video profiles, write your own “sex date diary” and even reveal your favourite sexual positions.

Georgina Thurlow, the student who set up the site, said, “Sex is a big part of student life and that’s not going to change.

“We’re hoping that by removing all of the barriers to sex, and doing away with flowers and romance, students will get more of what they’re after.”

Second-year Drama students Lucie and Will, who started dating in their first year, disagree.
Lucie said, “Uni is all about meeting new people and having new experiences. Why replace that with a computer screen? As a student there are so many chances to meet new people, get out, and yes, get laid.

“I can’t imagine what kind of person would go on it anyway. I’d be mortified – imagine if a potential employer saw your profile!” she added.
But one first-year Engineering student (who wishes to remain anonymous) would be tempted to sign up.

He said, “I’d be embarrassed to admit it, but the site is definitely appealing.
“I’m quite shy. Plus as an Engineer I have long contact hours and sometimes you just need a shag! That being said, if my mates saw it, I’d never live it down: ‘you couldn’t pull a girl for real, you had to do it online’, they’d say.”

Whilst the creators of the site believe StudentShag.com will provide a platform for those looking for sex to meet in safety, many express concerns over how secure the site is.
There is no “verification stage” requesting proof that new members are in fact students, prompting concerns over alias profiles.

In the terms and conditions, StudentShag warns its members to be exercise caution as “people may not… be who they say they are and may provide information or behave in a way that is unreliable, misleading or illegal” and users should be aware of this.
But with thousands of students signing up to take part, the sites’ services are certainly proving popular amongst some.