New pioneering medical lab launched

**Warwick is at the centre of a new, state-of-the-art learning laboratory which will seek to improve healthcare across the world.**

Founded between Warwick Manufacturing Group (WMG), the Institution of Digital Healthcare (IDH) and Bosch Healthcare, the Learning Lab will create new and improve existing technologies in the field of telehealth to improve the lives of those living with potentially fatal illnesses.

Students are likely to see benefits from an increased knowledge in the field of telehealth as Warwick Medical School plays a key role in the project.

Through the developments made in technology, it is hoped that the Learning Lab will help empower the individual when it comes to treatment for various health problems ranging from cancer to cardio vascular disease.

“The IDH Learning Lab’s ability to design, deploy and evaluate technology in ‘real time’ will be second to none in the UK,” said Lord Bhattacharyya, founder and chairman of WMG.

Although initially the project is looking to involve 1,500 patients, it does however have a potential to expand worldwide, based on future successes.

Telehealth, a growing field in medicine, involves the delivering of health-related services and information via technology, whether that is through the internet (video calling) or telephone.

Through expanding the research into telehealth, the aims of the scheme will look to increase the knowledge of both the user and the clinician, and will seek to improve the quality of life for thousands across the UK.

The partnership will focus on two projects which have already been outlined. Project one involves the Learning Lab evaluating telehealth services used by a large number of cancer patients.

Project two turns is centred on chronic diseases, and will look to adopt a new approach to chronic disease management which will involve the opportunity for patients to actively participate in their healthcare.