The essence of the Brow Vow

**Eyebrows: everyone has them. But not many people know just how important it is to get the right shape to complement their face. The right arch can transform you from Ann Robinson to Megan Fox in the blink of an eye, and immediately enhance your make-up routine. From threading to plucking, pencilling in, and the new trend, tattooing, eyebrows are more than just a way to show someone just how surprised you are; and it’s time we all signed the brow vow in the hopes of creating a better groomed future.**

Eyebrows can make or break a face. But with so many options – thin, thick, straight, arched – how do you know which brow suits you? Attaining brow success lies in adopting a shape which complements your face rather than sheepishly following impersonal trends.

Bigger is better for square faces: results are best achieved by waxing and threading, neither of which are painless processes, but do get easier as the hair gets weaker. They ensure a natural and tidy, but not overly defined, brow. Aligning the peak of the brow with the widest angle of the jaw helps to balance out a strong jaw line.

Round faces will benefit enormously from high-arched brows. Tweezing is the best for sculpting high-arched brows, as it offers a more precise finish by removing hair strands individually.

For long faces (dull though it may sound) flat, straight brows are magic! You may also want to consider a low arch, as this helps to open up the face.

Heart-shaped faces just require a round arch to help soften pointed chins.

This week I have been browsing for accessible and beneficial products which produce real results and will start you on your way to successful browdom:

Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil, Dark Brown, £2.99 www.superdrug.com

In many ways, this is the perfect product because it does exactly what it says it will do (“to define, sculpt and comb”). It’s also a steal at £2.99.

Benefit Brow Zings, £22.50 www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk

This D.I.Y. eyebrow kit is really worth the investment. Although it is more expensive than an ordinary pencil, if you want long-lasting and perfectly shaped eyebrows then this is the product for you.

**Top brow tips:**

1. Ideally your brows should be no more than two shades darker than your hair.

2. Say no to high-arched brows if you have a narrow forehead: they will look too close to your hairline. Wide foreheads, however, should embrace high-arched brows for femininity and eyelift.