WIDS offering internships in the Philippines

**The Warwick International Development Society (WIDS), which will be hosting their flagship summit in November, is offering a research internship in the Philippines for two to six months in the summer of 2013.**

The internship will take place at the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) for interested undergraduates, postgraduates and recent graduates (class of 2012).

Interns will be required to assist with scientific research or socio-economic research. The applications will be judged by Warwick professors and the winner will be announced at the summit.

The opportunity aims to provide students with an opportunity to gain experience in fields that are not conventionally advertised around campus. Second-year Economics student, Sheila, commented: “The IRRI internship is one of a kind, and it offers the experience which is hard to find in other internship opportunities on campus”.

The University’s Politics and International Studies department will pay for flight expenses, and WIDS informed the Boar “a weekly stipend” will be offered to participants.

Of the internship, the society commented: “it seems a perfect choice to experience a new country and culture whilst doing exciting research in their area of study – all for free.

“IRRI works towards fulfilling the UN Millennium Development Goals by collaborating with various NGO partnerships across the globe, such as the Global Rice Science Partnership.”

Applications for the programme may be submitted through the WIDS website, closing on October 28.