Season of mists and mellow fruit

**Camille Seoane**: Get ready for a fashion war this season. A real military parade has invaded the catwalks while our favourite it-girls have already adopted the new autumn trend. Forget about peplum jackets, peplum tops, and peplum dresses – this season is all about camouflaging yourself. Designers took their inspiration from the masculine military dress code and completely transformed the girly silhouette of last season into a more androgynous, strict, powerful figure. The look is easy to wear, the colours remain neutral – a wide range of khaki, black, navy blue and beige blend together on the catwalks alongside military jackets, officers’ trench coats and jodhpurs. Isabel Marant revisits the uniform by adding a bright red touch – this season’s colour – and gives it an 80s punch with an oversized officers’ coat, one of autumn’s most-praised new trends. At Victoria Beckham and Salvatore Ferragamo, however, the look is strict, the cut is clean and the colours match perfectly. Leather accessories such as riding boots and high waist belts give shape and structure to the silhouette. This is definitely a look that everyone can pull off – you don’t need to be Karlie Kloss to wear it every day on all fronts.

**James Golunski**: The popular Aztec print continues its dominance over fashion this Autumn/Winter, permeating numerous shops and appearing on an array of clothing. Whilst the print originally found popularity as a pattern on shirts and jumpers in shops such as Urban Outfitters, ASOS and Topshop/Topman, it can now be found on all manner of clothes, from jumpers to bags to hats to shoes. Celebrities have furthered its popularity by adopting the style in their clothing (Rihanna, Beyoncé, Kanye West), and it can now be found in a wide range of stores, both high street (River Island) and designer (Versace). The print, which features geometrical shapes and patterns arranged in an eye-catching manner, is available in a variety of bold colours that are sure to command attention. If you are still unsure about whether Aztec is for you, purchase an item of clothing where the print features minimally, allowing you to explore whether you’re comfortable with wearing the pattern. Shirts and jumpers where simply the pocket or the shoulders feature the print are readily available on the ASOS website.

**Maya Westwick**: Who says winter has to be dull? Not me, and certainly none of the designers at Milan Fashion Week. This season is all about bright, bold colours. Colours that make your head turn and combat dreary wintery mornings. From golden yellows, forest greens and Burberry’s blood red that stole all the headlines in September, exuberant clothes are in. Whether it’s an oversized jumper or the skinniest of jeans, ask yourself ‘is this too loud?’ and if the answer is yes, buy it! If you want to take this look to the next level, treat yourself to a electric blue shrug- you can stay on trend and dress it up or down, pairing it with black jeans and loafers for a casual look, or clashing prints for a real look-at-me ensemble. Boys, ditch the grey and navy blue and opt for an eye-catching purple this winter, a great addition to any wardrobe. Stand out from the crowd – the girls can’t have all the fun! Strapped for cash? It won’t be long before all the high street stores are stocking Fashion Week-inspired garments, but in the meantime, head down to H&M or Topman and experiment with the brand new statement colours currently available.