Relative calm at Evolve on Friday

Warwick students appeared undeterred by the chaos of Monday night as they queued in the rain outside Leamington nightclub Evolve on Friday.

Overcrowding outside the club’s Notorious Mondays event had led to [Warwickshire police closing the road, with students complaining about being “crushed” against bars and “pushed” by police](https://theboar.org/news/2012/oct/2/chaos-leam-nightclub-prompts-police-action/).

At the club’s first Jägermonster on Friday 5 October, no such chaotic scenes were evident. Metal barriers were erected hours in advance of the start of the event in anticipation of another large turn out and a large number of security staff was present.

When asked about Monday’s events, one doorman told the _Boar_: “Things like that always happen. It’s not the first time I’ve had to deal with something like that and I can bet it won’t be the last.”

Another replied: “It’s much calmer tonight; maybe the rain put people off. Then again, they’re still queuing around the corner.”

A minor police presence could be noticed outside of the event, but this was said to be because of an unrelated incident nearby.

Third-year Chemistry student Rosa Sullivan said: “At the end of the day, it’s Friday of the first week back, you’re not going to sit at home scared.

“Besides, you’d hope after what happened on Monday that they would be a bit more aware and so it was much less likely to happen again.”

The club’s next event will be another installment of its Notorious Mondays on October 8.