New Registrar appointed

Ken Sloan has been appointed as Warwick’s new Registrar by the University Senate and Council, following the departure of Jon Baldwin.

Since joining Warwick in 1997 as a Schools Liason Officer, he has since proceeded to serve in the Vice-Chancellor’s office, Personnel office, the Academic office, as Director of the Student Recruitment and Admissions office, Corporate Director of the National Academy for Gifted and Talented Youth, Director of Campus Affairs (through which he launched the International Gateway for Gifted Youth) and was appointed Deputy Registrar in February 2008.

He was also a member of the University’s Residential team and completed a Distance Learning MBA at Warwick Business School.

In September 2010 he took up the position of Director for Universities and Higher Education for international services company SERCO.

Sloan said: “My return to Warwick is underpinned by the fact that I already have a deep appreciation of how the Warwick community is intensely dedicated, talented and proud of what it has achieved.

“I have witnessed that talent and dedication while I have worked, and studied, alongside so many academic, administrative, support service colleagues and students at Warwick.

“I hope to draw on my understanding and appreciation of what Warwick already does, the strengths that it has in its people and its values, as well as my recent experience working with and across the private and public sectors, as I serve as Warwick’s Registrar.”

Vice-Chancellor Nigel Thrift also commented: “I am delighted that Ken is to re-join Warwick as its Registrar. These are exciting times for Warwick as it progresses its Vision 2015 strategy.

“The next three years will see a number of significant developments in the implementation of that strategy and Warwick’s new Registrar will need to work closely with senior academic and administrative colleagues to ensure we have the capacity and capability to exploit these opportunities.”