Costcutter raises £3,000 in aid of Warwick student bursaries

Warwick’s campus Costcutter has managed to raise £3,000 to support students who face financial hardship and require assistance from the Warwick student bursaries scheme.

The money was raised through the ‘Making a Difference Locally’ charity (MADL), which aims to help local stores support worthy causes or local charities in their communities through donations, promoting that local stores are at the heart of communities.

Money is raised by the stores through the sale of certain products, and the store owner chooses the beneficiary.

Every time a product with the charity logo on was purchased, a donation was made to Warwick student bursaries.

The campus Costcutter deals with over 6,000 transactions a day, making it one of the busiest in the UK, and is just one of 2,000 stores nationwide that are part of MADL.

Costcutter General Manager Andy Webb commented: “We chose the University, and specifically student bursaries, as our nominated beneficiary because we wanted to be able to give something back to the students.

“We hope this donation will make a real difference to those who need it most.”

Gabby Isidro, one of Warwick’s student callers, pubclicly accepted the cheque on the behalf of the student community.