RaW tour to raise cash for charity

Four members of the University of Warwick’s radio station, RaW, are travelling to over 50 other
university stations to raise money for Leukaemia and Lymphoid Research.

Tasha Jones, Sam Stopp, Tom Davies and Phil Atkins will tour the country in an aim to create a live radio broadcast about their journey and their cause at each of the universities they visit.

Jones, the programme controller at RaW, will be driving throughout the expedition and will cover approximately 1,600 miles during the tour, not including the miles which will be accumulated when the team reaches London.

“It’s going to be difficult, but hopefully also quite fun,” said Jones. “We have 7 days of driving around England in pretty confined conditions”. The team aims to raise £1,000 for Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research, a charity that is particularly meaningful to the group as a friend of Davies, who is thankfully now in recovery, was diagnosed with Leukaemia last year.

RaW on Tour will begin on Monday 14 February and will continue until Sunday 20 with the team only stopping to sleep, doing so on friends’ floors along the way. Jones commented “Let’s hope the donations are high enough to make it all worth it. We’re also documenting our movements online, so check out ‘RaW on Tour’ on Facebook.”