WBS redesigns logo

Over the summer, Warwick Business School traded in their prominent red logo for a newly designed blue logo.

WBS Dean Mark Taylor commissioned for the new logo that is and will be appearing on various media outlets. ”I have asked for this change because it is essential that our corporate identity remains relevant to our internal and external stakeholders, fit for purpose in our ambitious quest to be the leading university-based business school in Europe, and to align our strengths with those of Warwick University as a whole, with its core values of excellence and entrepreneurial flair.” according to Mark Taylor.

The new logo was designed by the professional design team that is assimilated within WBS. They worked closely with WBS Dean Mark Taylor throughout the summer for a design that would best express the WBS brand, one that would also satisfy the stakeholders.

The new logo was launched a week before the new term started. Remarking upon the launch of the logo, Mark Taylor commented, “Today is the first day of our new WBS brand, and I have to say I am delighted with it. The logo is modern yet timeless, clear and striking, and implies a dynamic and forward-looking institution; the blue background also co-brands us with the rest of the University.”

However, the response to the new logo appears to be lukewarm amongst students. ”The colour scheme fits in with the scheme of the university but apart from that, the old one was better. The lower case letters and abbreviation of WBS is far too informal.” according to a 3rd year management student. Most students on the other hand do not seem to care about the change in the new logo.