RaW News Insight General Election Special

It has been 13 years since Tony Blair led New Labour to electoral victory. Since then, the government have had to confront unprecedented challenges from terrorism on our streets to the deepest recession since the Great Depression.

The expenses scandal has tarnished the reputation of politicians from all parties and so the forthcoming general election takes place at a time of deep mistrust and disillusionment with Westminster politics.

In a few weeks time, the British public will have their chance to vote for who they want to see leading our country through the coming years. As the election campaigns begin to get underway across the country, with MPs and candidates from all parties vying for our votes, the election has been surrounded by fierce speculation. The role of minor parties, the effect of proposed American-style television debates, and the possibility of a hung parliament are all subjects of debate.

Listen again to Mari Eccles and Jen McPherson’s special report on the forthcoming general election for Raw News’ flagship show – Insight.

Highlights include interviews with David Dimbleby, George Galloway, and Kim Howells.

The full length interviews of the Warwick and Leamington parliamentary candidates, James Plaskitt MP (Labour), Chris White (Conservative) and Alan Beddow (Liberal Democrats), can be heard on MoreRaW.

Find out more about RaW news insight on [RaW’s website](http://www.radio.warwick.ac.uk/shows/1575).