Warwick Hockey set sights on Half Marathon

Eleven members of Warwick University’s Men’s and Ladies Hockey club are preparing to brave the elements and tackle the rolling hills of the Staffordshire countryside as they prepare to run the Stafford Half Marathon on March 21st, dressed head to toe in fancy dress.

By doing so, the two clubs will be raising money for two fantastic causes – Kenilworth Helping Hands and The Royal Marsden Cancer Campaign. Kenilworth Helping hands are a local based charity, working with both physically and mentally disabled adults. They provide there members with a setting to socialize as well as running regular events including Karaoke nights, board game tournaments and weekend trips away. The club is run by a team of volunteers and needs funds to continue running these activities.

The Royal Marsden Cancer Campaign is the charity of The Royal Marsden Hospital. Based in London, the hospital treats over 40,000 people every year and there is a great need to raise funds in order to improve Royal Marsden’s facilities and continue researching new methods of treatment. Over recent years, there have been real improvements in the hospital’s facilities and as a consequence, the survival rates of the hospital’s patients are always increasing.

This is where you can help, by sponsoring the runners in their endeavours. The two hockey clubs have set themselves a fundraising target of £1500 and are extremely grateful for all donations. Giving couldn’t be any easier: you can do so online by going to www.justgiving.com/warwick-uni-hockey or by emailing William Jones, stating the amount you would like to give at – w.jones.2@warwick.ac.uk