New F3 car powered by potatoes, carrots and chocolate

Warwick manufacturing have created an eco-friendly Formula 3 car run on chocolate and built from carrots and potatoes.

The vehicle marks a step forward in a motoring industry increasingly criticised by environmentalists.

A group managed by James Meredith consisting of Warwick’s top manufacturing researchers has worked hard to find a solution to the prime concerns of the contemporary automotive industry.

They have invented, as what one of the researchers has described, a “serious” car, that not only paves the foundations, but is a huge leap towards the “future of motorsport.”

The racing car is environmentally friendly without having to worsen performance, as the project manager claims.

The invention of such an eco-friendly carrot-car follows on from debate arising over whether the high-maintenance nature of motor-racing teams, which are extremely expensive and on the whole environmentally detrimental, is still worthwhile.

The invention may lead to many heads being turned towards the concept of the entirely environmentally friendly vehicle that itself converges with, or even becomes a part of, the environment in which it is being driven.

Recycled and waste chocolate and vegetable oil power the biodiesel engine. The skeleton of the vehicle is composed of root vegetables, to include a steering-wheel made from carrot pulp and a driver’s seat constructed from flax fibre and soybean oil.

This is not to mention the addition of an innovative catalyst that coats the vehicle’s radiator and reduces carbon emissions.

Dr. Steven Maggs has pointed out that environmental concerns should not be limited to reducing carbon dioxide emissions from the engine alone, and the focus of vehicle manufacturers should be broadened to a level at which the entire composition of each component forming the vehicle should be environmentally friendly.

This is clearly the aim of the World’s First racing car that is almost entirely made from easily recyclable materials.