Warwick entrepreneurs win ‘E-resistible’ reward

Warwick Business School undergraduates recently won an entrepreneurship competition, “Be Your Own Boss”. The winning students were awarded £1000 and free business mentoring for the next 12 months by Warwick Entrepreneurs.

Third year management students Stephen Leguillon, Steve Barns and Velin Djidjev stormed to first place with their online company ‘e-resistible’. The winning project enables people to order food and takeaways from nearby restaurants via an internet portal from the convenience of their own computer.

The team wowed the judging panel with an interactive presentation culminating in a pizza delivery to the judges.

The panel, including respected executives from sponsors of Warwick Entrepreneurs Merrill Lynch and Accenture, voted unanimously and they were supported by the audience with an impressive 47 per cent majority.

Project member, Stephen Legoullin told the Boar, “When we won the competition, I felt we finally got public recognition for the long hours and huge amount of work we put in. We had a lot of friends and family in the audience and seeing them there showing support was amazing.”

Leguillon first thought of the idea whilst living in Rootes as a fresher. After presenting the portal to fellow students and teachers on his course, it began with a modest 16 restaurants around the Warwick campus and is now a full-time commitment for all three project members who will continue to run ‘e-resistible’ after graduating in June.

The business is proving hugely successful and now covers more than 100 restaurants from Birmingham to London serving more than 2000 customers.

Judge Matthew Hale from Merrill Lynch said of the team: “They put together a strong business plan that was a thoughtful, to-the-point document – which is something that investors are looking for.” Warwick Entreprenuers aims to support, develop and encourage initiatives of Warwick students. Through collaboration with other societies such as Warwick Action Team Event Management, Radio Warwick (RaW) or Warwick Connective, Warwick Entrepreneurs provide greater networking opportunities with like-minded Warwick students and graduates.