Warwick TV revamp

Warwick TV is undergoing a revamp of their society, aiming for a bigger presence on campus. “More people and more programming,” said Alex Di Mascio, Head of Press and Publicity.

In the past WTV has had limited numbers and little publicity. This year they plan to grow and become a more social society which can help bring together those people interested in going into the industry.

Tuesday night saw WTV hosting a training session for using their cameras attended almost entirely by new members. While many were first years there were also some second and third year students.

A key aim for WTV this year is letting people know they can make films, shorts, programmes and more.

Productions are divided into four channels: events, light entertainment, film and fiction, and factual. Events covered include OWW, WASF and Union elections.

An example of light entertainment currently running on WTV is Chit Chat, a chat show. One of the society’s long-running projects is a film currently under production.

News, documentaries and similar would fit into the final category. One factual piece covering Jailbreak won a NaSTA (National Student Television Award) for its title sequence.

Di Mascio is quick to point out that projects are “not restricted” and do not have to fall into one of the aforementioned categories.