Comms Office go for gold

Warwick’s Communications Office took gold at the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) Pride Awards for its work on the Warwick Commission.

The Communications Office was praised for its campaign to promote the Commission and raise the international profile of the University.

The Commission is an international panel of experts, established by the University of Warwick, which brings together both researchers and policy-makers to tackle issues of global importance.

The Commission’s final report and proposals on the Multilateral Trade Regime were launched at the World Trade Organisation in Geneva and commissioners have reported back to key policy makers and politicians across the globe on the Commission’s findings.

Warwick University’s Director of Communications and Strategy, Ian Rowley, said: “This award…recognises the strong partnership at Warwick between the communications team and world class academics; it particularly recognises the hard work of our Senior Web Editor, Eleanor Lovell and Project Manager, Dr Andrew Roadnight. The Commission is the perfect example of Warwick’s innovation and entrepreneurial spirit.”