Image: Facebook / University of Warwick

Students’ Union welcomes in academic year with T-Bar refurb and new weekly event

A host of changes to Warwick Students’ Union (SU) have been announced for the new academic year, with the promise of “something for everyone”.

Central to the SU’s changes is a major refurbishment to the popular Terrace Bar, which will come as welcome news for students who are looking to enjoy some drinks overlooking the Piazza.

The refurbishment, which is the first major investment to the bar since it opened in 2010, includes upgrades to the interior decor, as well as a new drinks menu.

Photos shared on the bar’s Instagram story show the revamped bar area, along with new lighting and flooring. A new DJ booth has also been installed, providing an expanded dancefloor area.

Image: Instagram / theterracebarwarwicksu

Alongside the refurbished Terrace Bar, the SU has also announced a new weekly event – That Friday Feeling!. The event will take place weekly in the SU Atrium, and promises to be “the home of Friday nights”.

The event […] will ensure “there is something for everyone” at Warwick SU

A range of activities will be on offer allowing students to welcome in the weekend, including new ‘super-sized’ games, pool, and food and drink offerings at a range of SU outlets, which will see their opening hours extended on Fridays.

The new project was initiated by the former SU President, Anna Taylor, and current SU President, Enaya Nihal, in her previous role as Vice-President for Welfare & Campaigns. The event, which joins the likes of Pop! and Skool Dayz on the SU calendar, will ensure “there is something for everyone” at Warwick SU.

That Friday Feeling! will launch during Welcome Week on Friday 27 September, and will be held every Friday during term time.

As part of the changes to the SU, the Terrace Bar will also be open through the afternoon from Monday to Friday, opening at midday, instead of the previous opening time at 5pm, to ensure students can make the most of the refurbishment.

The entire Terrace Bar space has been revamped with new wall colours, furniture, flooring, and lighting and there’s also a new DJ booth

Sasha-King Smith, SU Vice-President for Democracy & Development

Sasha King-Smith, SU Vice-President for Democracy & Development, said that the changes will allow students to make the most of the SU, and enjoy its ‘loved’ outlets and events.

She told The Boar: “The entire Terrace Bar space has been revamped with new wall colours, furniture, flooring, and lighting and there’s also a new DJ booth in the window, opening up the dancefloor area.

“The new term also sees the launch of the ‘That Friday Feeling’ project. This will see the Food Station open 8–11pm and Curiositea open until late, where you can grab hot drinks, play board games, or chill with your friends.”

She added: “This will run alongside the known and loved Friday night Juicy, where the Terrace Bar hosts a DJ set, and there will be new cocktails to try out.”