Image: The Sunday Times

BREAKING: University reveals sanctions for students involved in Warwick Tory society ‘Nazi video’

In an exclusive statement issued to The Boar, the University of Warwick has revealed the sanctions imposed on students involved in the Warwick Conservative Association ‘Nazi video’.

The video, which shows students dancing and singing along to ‘Erika’ – a marching song associated with Nazi Germany – went viral after it was first leaked by The Sunday Times on 30 June.

After a three-month investigation, the University imposed sanctions including an immediate ban on campus for one student, and a disciplinary hearing for another.

This morning, the University issued The Boar with the following statement:

“In line with University policy, we conducted an investigation into the incident and have now concluded it.

“Our investigations focused on three students. The student who requested the song in the first instance was immediately banned from campus. That student has now graduated from the University but was not permitted back on campus for their graduation ceremony.

“The second student will have no further action taken against them, as it was found they had taken the appropriate action at the time in trying to have the song stopped. With regards to the final student, they will attend a disciplinary hearing in the Autumn,

“Following our investigation, we will also be making strong training recommendations to all societies through the Students’ Union.”

The Boar has contacted Warwick Students’ Union (SU) and Warwick Conservative Association for comment.

This is a breaking news story and will be updated as more information becomes available.