Image: Twitter/X / @warwickarts

Warwick Arts Centre crowned best cultural venue in country

The Warwick Arts Centre has been voted Best Arts, Culture, and Theatre Venue in the country at the 11th annual Muddy Stilettos Awards.

Readers of Muddy Stilettos, a luxury lifestyle website, voted for the Warwick Arts Centre to be crowned best arts venue in the West Midlands, as part of a yearly poll to decide the best independent businesses in 28 counties across the country.

The venue was subsequently selected as “Best of the Best” by a panel of Muddy Stilettos editors, beating the best arts venues of other counties to be crowned national champion.

This year’s Muddy Awards were the largest organised by the website to date, with over 500,000 votes cast across the UK.

This recognition is a testament to the hard work of our staff, volunteers, and partners, who make the Arts Centre such a vibrant and welcoming place

Doreen Forster, Director, Warwick Arts Centre

Doreen Forster, Director of the Warwick Arts Centre, celebrated the venue’s achievement, saying that: “This recognition is a testament to the hard work of our staff, volunteers, and partners, who make the Arts Centre such a vibrant and welcoming place.”

Laura Kearns, Editor of Muddy Stilettos for Warwickshire and the West Midlands, highlighted the scale of the Muddy Awards, saying that: “This year’s Muddy Awards have reached over 10 million people nationally, with over 515,000 nominations and votes across the Muddy Stilettos site.”

She added: “The ethos of Muddy Stilettos is all about celebrating brilliant local businesses.”

Other local businesses also found success at the Muddy Awards. Leamington’s The Terrace was recognised with the award for Best Bar in Warks and West Mids, whilst Kenilworth’s Coffee on the Corner won the Best Café in Warks and West Mids award.

St Mary’s Guildhall (Coventry), Nana’s Japanese (Leamington Spa), and Coombe Abbey (Coventry) were also among the regional winners.

Warwick Arts Centre, which opened in 1974, attracts around 300,000 visitors a year and plays host to a variety of arts events. The centre boasts a concert hall and theatre, as well as a cinema, art gallery, and restaurant, which is enjoyed and used by locals and students alike.

The Arts Centre’s victory at the Muddy Awards follows on from other successes for the venue in the past year. In April, the Centre was shortlisted for Community Engagement Project of the Year at the Museum and Heritage Awards, recognising its involvement in the ‘Playing Out in Canley’ programme

A list of upcoming events at the Warwick Arts Centre can be viewed on their website.