WUS to take place on campus

**Warwick Universities Summit (WUS) is due to take place on campus this weekend, focusing on the theme of universities in 2030.**

The two-day, student-run Summit, formally Warwick Higher Education Summit will feature student leaders, experts and speakers come together from across the world to discuss the future of higher education.

Speakers include Professor John Holmwood, President of the British Sociological Association, Carl Lygo, CEO of BPP, Paul Clark, Director of Policy for Universities UK, Sam Jones from University Alliance, Daniel Stevens and Tony Pearce from the NUS and various other academics and leaders.

The weekend will feature a range of seminars, discussions, panels and speeches, and the leaders will produce a policy document on the second day which will be presented to the Global Universities Summit this summer, a meeting of prominent Vice Chancellors from around the world.

Co-ordinator of the event, Maawish Mirza, commented: “This is a once of a kind, unique opportunity to come together and to discuss and reflect on the future of a sector that forms the backbone of societies across the world.”

Education Officer, James Entwistle, who has also been involved in setting up the summit, said: “After all the changes that have been going through universities and higher education and over the last few years, it’s really crucial that students got engaged in that discussion. It’s a fantastic opportunity.”

Tickets are available, free, from the SU website [here](http://www.warwicksu.com/ents/event/9939/).