Former Kings prof appointed as pro vice-chancellor

**The University of Warwick has appointed Dr Jan Palmowski as a new pro vice-chancellor.**

Dr Palmowski, former head of school at Kings College London, will begin his tenure in the spring term.

He will be joining Warwick’s four existing pro vice-chancellors, who coordinate areas including research strategy, business engagement and student experience. Dr Palmowski’s portfolio will cover a number of areas related to education, though the areas he will work in are yet to be confirmed.

Speaking about his appointment, Dr Palmowski said: “I am delighted to be joining Warwick as a pro vice-chancellor.

“It is a university I have long admired for its energy, its vision and the academic rigour it brings to its endeavours.”

He previously worked as the chair of Contemporary and Modern History at Kings, though he will be based in the German Studies department at Warwick.

As head of school at Kings, he helped the arts and humanities departments grow by 50 percent in both staff and student numbers, by broadening the curriculum and focusing on student feedback.

Dr Palmowski supports the recent promise to feedback times to four weeks, an area which the University has scored poorly on in the National Student Survey, achieving only 61 percent, seven points below the national average.

When asked about what he most admired at Warwick, the Professor mentioned the University’s role in creating the new ‘Centre for Urban Science and Progress’ (CUSP) in New York, as well as the International Gateway for Gifted Youth (IGGY).

As pro vice-chancellor, he wants to expand opportunities for students to study abroad.

• Nigglenoggle

It is good to learn that Butcher Palmowski applied to become Rektor of the University of Leipzig., a demonstration of his loyalty to Warwick. It is better to learn that the Senate voted against him.

• Nigglenoggle

Sadly Palmowski did not help any growth at King’s: he sacked people, to many of whom he had lied (notably Shalom Lappin FBA) He refused to reply to letters about his tactics from all over the world. It is disgraceful that Warwick should choose to employ this disgraceful selfserving thug.,