MATCHDAY LIVE - UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE LAST 16 SECOND LEG: LIVERPOOL VS INTER MILAN

It was a tight game first time out, before Liverpool snatched two late goals to take a 2-0 lead back to Anfield. Can Inter turn it around? Join Mitchell Ryan for live updates.

Liverpool 0-1 Inter (2-1)

That's all for the night!

Thanks for joining me on this tense evening of Champions League action. I hope you enjoyed the game as much as I did!

Until the quarter finals, take care, and good night.

Sam's Shouts at Full-Time

It was always destined to go Liverpool's way, but it was a well-fought battle from Inter. Sanchez was too rash, though his second yellow is still a bit contentious. Martinez is special - could be Premier League bound. Liverpool couldn't finish their dinner and on another day, Inter could have definitely taken advantage of that. But, as it stands, Liverpool advance and Inter are sent packing.

FULL TIME: Liverpool 0-1 Inter Milan (2-1)

It's game over here, as Liverpool see out a very close game at Anfield to squeak through to the next round 2-1 on aggregate.

It was a valiant effort from Inter, but in the end, the ten men could not get it done.

90+4' It's all getting a bit rough in Anfield

Fouls are flying in now. Skriniar barges Salah in the back, before Fabinho puts in a cynical challenge to give Inter a free kick - which goes to waste.

90+3' In case you were wondering...

It's all over in Bavaria, as Bayern ran out 7 -1 (yes, 7) winners against Salzburg, meaning they advance comfortably 8-2 on aggregate.

90+2' Diaz with the chance to end it!

The goal is there for the taking, but Vidal makes an outstanding last ditch slide to prevent the winger from ending the game.

90+1' Five added minutes

Inter have been handed a lifeline by the officials, as they have an additional five minutes to potentially draw level.

89' Good defending from Skriniar

Robertson is played into acres of space and tries to get the ball in, but Skriniar is in the right place to deny the Scotsman.

87' Not long to go...

Liverpool are settling into a rhythm as they try to see out the tie. Inter's chances are getting slimmer with every pass.

85' Yellow for Bastoni

The defender takes out Salah near the byline with a dangerous challenge, and rightly finds himself in the book.

83' Salah clips the post!

It's another good chance for Liverpool as Salah's shot bounces off the post after he was sent through one-on-one - Could Inter snatch a draw late on?

81' Inter playing with fire

The Italians continue trying to play it around the back, but Liverpool win the ball back again and keep applying pressure.

79' Smooth moves

It's tricky feet from Salah as he tries to dance through the Inter defence, though he's eventually dispossessed. It falls to Keita who has a go, but it's easily blocked and cleared.

77' So close for Liverpool!

Liverpool nearly put ht egame to bed as they work it well around the area before a shot comes off, but Handanovic does well to palm it away.

75' Triple substituion for Inter

Brozovic, Dumfries, and Martinez make way for Gagliardini, Darmian, and Correa.

72' Inter push their luck

Handanovic tries to play it around the back with his backline, but it trickles out for a corner under pressure from the Reds.

70' Yellow for Mane

Mane tries to play a one-two with Salah, but punches Bastoni square in the chops as he does so, finding himself in the book as a result.

68' Inter are hanging on here

Liverpool have had all of the ball in the past few minutes - the ten men of Inter are defending well, but how long can they hold out?

65' Substitutions for Liverpool

Two changes in midfield as Thiago and Jones make way for Henderson and Keita.

63' It's a red!

This game has sparked into life now!

It's from jubilation to dismay for Inter as Alexis Sanchez is shown his second yellow for a risky challenge on Fabinho. It's a controversial one though, as Sanchez appears to win the ball before the momentum carries him through into the Liverpool midfielder.

62' GOAL FOR INTER!!!!!!! 1-0

WHAT A HIT, MARTINEZ!

Alisson is reaching, but there's nothing he can do as Martinez absolutely rifles one in from just outside the box.

Game on!

60' And another one!

Martinez turns well and takes a shot, but it is deflected wide.

No one put their finishing boots on today, it seems.

59' It's a good chance for Inter

Brozovic has a bit of time on the edge of the area, but he can only direct his shot at van Dijk.

58' In other news...

Bayern are 5-0 up at Salzburg, with Thomas Muller slotting home. They're guaranteed a place in the next round now.

57' Mane slips

Liverpool have a good chance to break through the Inter backline, but Mane slips over and Inter take back possession.

52' How haven't Liverpool scored!?

It's an absolute sitter for Liverpool. Jota is played in by Thiago, and is beaten to the ball by Handanovic. The ball deflects to Salah, but he can only hit the post with the goal gaping before him.Somehow, it's still level.

50' Liverpool come forward again

It's good work from Trent to weave his way through the Inter midfield, but Skriniar does well to nip the move in the bud.

48' Liverpool have a pop at the other end!

Strong save from Handanovic, but a routine one.

48' Sanchez again!

It's a great chance for Alexis from a free kick, but it's offside once more.

46' Back on in Liverpool

The Reds get us back underway for the second half.

First Half Breakdown

Both teams have played well so far, with some strong defensive efforts paired with a good amount of attacking chances for both.

There have been good spells of domination from both, though I'd say Liverpool have had the better chances.

Still all to play for in the second half, Inter left with a big hill to climb!

HALF TIME: Liverpool 0-0 Inter Milan

It's been a very close first half here on Merseyside, with both sides having good chances.

Sam's Half-Time Thoughts: Crazy game, not going to plan. Ones to watch in the second half: Mo Salah and Lautaro Martinez. Joel Matip has stood out, Trent has been great, but likely only one goal will split these two come full-time.

I'm inclined to agree with the Barrow-man, with these two sides significantly closer than many were expecting going into the game. Diaz could be a good option off the bench, especially with Mane not at his best tonight.

Still plenty to come from this game!

45+7' Alexander-Arnold goes close!

It's a wonderful hit from the Englishman, but it's just wide of the post.

45+5' Arturo Vidal goes into the book

It's a tough challenge from the Chilean and Liverpool are awarded a free kick about 30 yards from goal.

45+4' Sanchez goes in dangerously...

Inter's number 7 goes in with a studs up challenge on Thiago, very lucky to not get booked...

45'+1 5 minutes of added time

We've got 5 added minutes to see if the teams can split themselves before half-time

44' Good work from de Vrij

Liverpool work a counter attack very well, but de Vrij gets in the way really well and gets it clear.

41' So close!

Alisson is forced into a low save from the fre kick as it evades everyone in the area. Inter threatening again...

40' Jota picks up a yellow

The Portuguese attacker races back to defend and takes out Dumfries. Advantage is played but Robertson gives away a free kick right on the edge of the area...

39' Sanchez offside again

Bit of back and forth agian here. No proper chances for a while.

35' Liverpool come forward again

Robbo can't find his target in the box, though, and the ball deflects into the gloves of Handanovic.

33' It's 4 for Bayern

Gnabry scores for the German league leaders to make it 4-0 and all but end the tie.

32' Van Dijk with the follow up!

Van Dijk goes close as well from the corner! It's a bit of a Liverpool onslaught right now.

31' Matip clatters the bar!

Huge chance from a free-kick as the ball is whipped into the box and Matip meets it with force, but it bounces off the underside of the bar and is hit out for a corner.

29' Play is resumed

Hopefully everything has been resolved, and we're back underway at Anfield.

26' Medical emergency in the Kop

It's unclear what's happened, but both teams have made their way to the sideline for a quick timeout as there is yet another medical emergency to attend to in the Kop end at Anfield.

These are getting more and more frequent, recently...

23' Lewa hattrick

It seems I'm reporting on the wrong game tonight!

In 11 minutes, Lewandowski has hit three against Salzburg and has effectively sealed his team's place in the quarter-finals.

Brilliance as ever from the Polish hitman.

21' And another one...

Make that TWO Lewandowski penalties, as Bayern take a 2-0 lead on the night.

19' Action elsewhere

It remains goalless here, but in Germany, Bayern have taken the lead through a Lewandowski penalty, giving them a 2-1 lead on aggregate.

16' Van Dijk meets it from a corner!

His header is straight into the arms of Handanovic, though...

It's still 0-0, a tightly contested game, thus far.

14' Sanchez!!!

But it's just offside as Martinez strayed behind the Liverpool backline in the build-up. Good signs from Inter, though.

11' Inter on top?

The Italian champions are looking slightly superior in the early stages of the match, having tested Alisson a few times.

No breakthrough for either team yet, though.

9' Liverpool chance

Ball is swung in from the corner and van Dijk gets up, but it's easily defended.

7' Dumfries has a pop!

But it's comfortably saved by Alisson as it's directed straight at him.

3' It's a back and forth start as Mo Salah tries to break through, but to no avail.

1' Kick Off

Inter get us underway on Merseyside!

Not long now

2 minutes 'til kick off, strap in!

Sam's Shouts

We've got Sam Barrowcliffe on the scene for some class co-commentary, he's calling a 3-1 Liverpool win, 5-1 on aggregate, with Mo Salah, Luis Diaz, and Divock Origi on the scoresheet for the hosts.

Reply to @BoarSport on Twitter with your predictions for the game!

Teams are in!

It's typical from Liverpool, with the front three of Mane, Jota, and Salah set to terrorise Inter's defence, while Inter begin with a strike partnership of Alexis Sanchez and Lautaro Martinez, who will hope to link up well against Liverpool's backline.

Skriniar, De Vrij, and Bastoni will have it all to do to contain Liverpool's attack, while Dumfries and Perisic will be bombing up and down the flanks to provide the hitmen with some good deliveries.

It should be a good one!

Match Facts

Liverpool lead this one 2-0 on aggregate following two late goals at the San Siro, meaning it will be a big ask for Inter to overcome them, particularly at Anfield.

Liverpool have won all of their three games against Inter in the Champions League without conceding a goal, and putting five past the Italian giants in the process.

Only Manchester United has recovered from a 2-0 home loss in the knockout stages of the UCL and gone through to the next round, with a famous 3-1 win away in Paris in 2018/19.

All eyes will be on Mo Salah, who has scored eight goals in just seven UCL appearances this season, averaging a goal every 69 minutes. Inter have a big task on their hands keeping him contained tonight.

Inter Milan do however boast the midfield duo of Marcelo Brozovic and Nicolo Barella, who have both made the most progressive carries in the Champions League this season (58 each). The former has carried the ball further than any other midfielder this campaign (1,438 metres). Inzaghi will look to them to put his team on the front foot tonight.

It's everyone's favourite time of the week...

Tuesday and Wednesday nights are a write off for almost every football fan across the country - it's Champions League time, and I'm here to give you all the latest as Liverpool take on Inter Milan in this Round of 16 second leg tie, tonight!

Kickoff is in just over two hours, so let's get excited, shall we?