MATCHDAY LIVE - UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI-FINAL SECOND LEG: CHELSEA VS REAL MADRID

Join Mitchell Ryan for live updates as these two European heavyweights go head-to-head for a place in the Champions League final.

That's all from me

Thanks for following along with the live blog today.

Really looking forward to the final in Istanbul, Chelsea look strong.

This weekend's clash between City and Chelsea could be important for more than City clinching the title.

Until next time!

Player of the match?

There were a few standout performers for Chelsea tonight.

On another day, Kai Havertz could have scored six. Mount was brilliant, Chilwell looked energetic on the left, but for me, it has to be the engine room of the Chelsea midfield - N'Golo Kante.

Is it cliche to say he was everywhere today? There's not much more that can be said about the little Frenchman, but he was excellent today, and could have had a brace himself if not for the brilliance of Courtois.

Let me know on Twitter who your POTM was tonight!

What a game for Chelsea

A supreme performance for Tuchel's side (who reaches his second final in as many years).

Real Madrid looked tired tonight. They held the ball, but they were slow in the build-up, and Chelsea picked them off at the right times.

Who would have predicted this at the start of the season?

Full-Time: Chelsea 2 Real Madrid 0 (3-1 on aggregate)

Chelsea will face Manchester City in the Champions League final!

Timo Werner and Mason Mount were on target in a game that saw the hosts spurn chance after chance, but they won't care now!

A brilliant night for Chelsea, and a brilliant night for English football, as another all-English final is set up, for the second time in three years.

A change for Chelsea to close out the match

94' Havertz comes off for Olivier Giroud.

A record for Mount (nearly)

With that goal, Mason Mount is the second-youngest Englishman to score in the UCL semi-finals (22y 15d).

He trails the record holder, Wayne Rooney, by about half a year (21y 182d).

4 minutes added time

A yellow for Valverde

90' The Spaniard shows his frustration as he picks up a booking.

Diaz is on

89' Hazard makes way having had little impact against his former side.

Two subs for Chelsea

89' Two of Chelsea's best players on the night, Azpilicueta and the goalscorer, Mount, make way with a few minutes to go, being replaced by Reece James and Hakim Ziyech, respectively.

A yellow for the goalscorer

87' Mason Mount picks up a yellow card as he puts in a defensive shift having just given his team the crucial second goal.

MASON MOUNT

85' CHELSEA ARE GOING TO ISTANBUL!

There will be no last minute equaliser. Mason Mount FINALLY puts a Chelsea chance away.

Kante plays Pulisic in, who dinks a quick ball across goal, and Mount is on hand to tap in past a helpless Courtois.

At long last, it is 2-0 to Chelsea.

Game is still on a knife edge

83' After all the chances Chelsea have had, this game is still as close as ever.

It should have been put to bed, but it can't just be me who sees a 94th minute Ramos penalty sending it to extra time?

BT know it

Just about says it all.

It goes all the way through!

77' Pulisic does brilliantly down the wing and puts a cross into the danger area, but the ball just slightly avoids the sliding Havertz.

How is it only 1-0?

Casemiro is off

76' Rodrygo replaces the holding midfielder as Real go for the goal.

Chelsea just can't find this second goal

75' Another chance for Kante goes begging.

The Blues have fashioned themselves some brilliant openings today, but a mixture of poor finishing and outstanding goalkeeping from Courtois means the score remains as it is, and Real Madrid still have a chance.

Kroos in the book

72' A crunching tackle on Pulisic means Toni Kroos picks up a yellow card.

What's that? Another Courtois stop?

71' Chelsea put together a good move, with a ball coming into the box for Havertz, but Courtois is again on hand to nip it in the bud.

Timo Werner makes way

67' Chelsea's hero in Madrid, Christian Pulisic, comes on for the goalscorer.

Courtois denies Kante now!

66' Chelsea break after defending a Kroos free kick, and Werner, with Kante and Havertz either side of him, plays in the former, but he can't beat Courtois, who is really keeping his team in this right now.

Two subs for Real Madrid

63' Federico Valverde and Marco Asensio come on in the place of Vinicius and Mendy.

Nacho picks up a yellow card

62' There's a bit of a scrap out on the pitch between Havertz and Nacho, as the latter brings the Chelsea man down, and the defender goes into the book.

That's huge from Courtois!

59' Kai Havertz, who could have scored three or four tonight, is 1-on-1 against the former Chelsea stopper, but the big Belgian gets down brilliantly to deny the German here.

Still 1-0 to the Blues.

Chelsea are keeping Madrid at bay

58' Real Madrid have had a lot of the ball, but their build-up play has been slow, allowing Chelsea to take the ball and counter quickly.

Madrid need an injection of energy.

What a chance for Mount!

54' Mason Mount comes racing through the Real Madrid defence, and opens up the space for a shot, but he gets right under the ball and his shot loops up and over.

Just over from Thiago Silva

51' Thiago Silva leaps highest to get onto the end of the free kick, but his header floats just over the bar.

Free kick for Chelsea

51' Chilwell is brought down on Madrid's right, and the English left-back stands over the dead ball.

Havertz hits the bar again!

47' Azpilicueta puts in a great cross, but the false nine can only head it onto the bar.

2nd half

46' We're back here at Stamford Bridge.

Stat talk

Real Madrid with a stranglehold on the possession, with 67.8% of the ball.

The shot count is very close between the two teams at half-time.

As expected, this is a very tight match, with Chelsea holding well at the back and defending expertly, whilst Real Madrid are pushing for a goal, but leaving themselves slightly open to the counter.

We'll be back on soon.

Half-time: Chelsea 1 Real Madrid 0 (2-1 on aggregate)

No added time in the first half here. Chelsea take a lead into the half-time break, 2-1 up on aggregate.

Real were dominant at points in the first half - they have had a strong chunk of possession, but Chelsea are in the driver's seat right now.

What is everyone thinking going into the break?

Chelsea look dangerous on the break

45' Kai Havertz leads the charge for Chelsea, making a good run down the right and trying a few stepovers as he faces off with Ramos, but it goes behind for a corner...

But they don't have time to take it.

Intense action, so far

42' There have been a few good clashes so far in this match.

Chilwell has looked great down Chelsea's left, and Vinicius is struggling to push him defensively.

Benzema has been fashioning a few good chances for himself as well.

Question as we approach half-time: who has been the player of the match, so far?

Christensen goes into the book, too

39' It's been a rough encounter thus far, as Christensen goes in a little late on Ferland Mendy. The referee takes his name, and he'll have to be careful for the rest of the game now.

Yellow for Ramos

36' The Real Madrid captain throws Azpilicueta to the ground in the Chelsea area, picking up a yellow card for his troubles.

Benzema with another chance!

35' The Frenchman has a header just in front of Mendy, who reacts quickly to keep it out of his net.

A sitter for the German, but he had to be there

Great moment for him.

Werner does score!

28' After what's been one way traffic for a while, Chelsea score at the other end!

Kante with some brilliant play to set up Havertz, whose chip bounces off the bar, leaving Werner a free header for his first UCL goal for Chelsea.

1-0 to the Blues!

Benzema forces a great save out of Mendy!

26' Karim Benzema gets the ball to his feet just outside the area, and with a quick swivel he launches a shot at the bottom right of the Chelsea net.

Mendy gets down quickly, though, and touches it just around the post for a corner.

Real Madrid keeping up the pressure

22' Los Blancos are maintaining a good period of pressure here, but there's no final ball for them.

Werner scores! Or... not?

18' Werner thinks he's scored his first goal in the Champions League for the Blues, but he doesn't hold his run and he's flagged offside.

Score remains 0-0.

Yellow for Jorginho

14' Hazard is having a lovely welcome back from his former team...

Jorginho goes into the book for a hard tackle on the Belgian.

Rudiger tries to one up him!

12' Chelsea come down the other end, and centre-back Rudiger hits one from some distance. Easily palmed away by Courtois.

Kroos has a go!

10' Toni Kroos lines up a shot from long range, but it's an easy save for Mendy.

Chelsea have been throwing their weight around a bit so far, certainly leaving their mark on a few of these Madrid players.

Still 0-0, Madrid with the brighter start so far.

An even start

5' Real Madrid have a free kick on the left hand side, but the ball in is quickly dealt with.

Chelsea try to counter quickly, but the ball is gathered again by Real as they reset.

It's going to be tough to split these two teams tonight.

Kick Off!

Real Madrid get us underway here at Stamford Bridge.

Predictions

Majority seem to be backing Chelsea tonight after their strong performance in the draw last week.

Keep your tweets coming in here!

Lineup News

Here we have it.

Hazard and Ramos start for Real Madrid, Werner keeps his place on the left of a front three as Tuchel opts for his favoured 3-4-2-1 formation.

Chelsea XI: Mendy; Christensen, Silva, Rudiger; Azpilicueta, Kante, Jorginho, Chilwell; Mount, Havertz, Werner

Real Madrid XI: Courtois; Militao, Ramos, Nacho, Mendy; Casemiro, Kroos; Vinicius Jr., Modric, Hazard; Benzema

1 hour until kick-off!

Here we go!

Evening, everyone. It's a big clash tonight, deciding who will be facing off against Man City in the final after their win last night.

Get on twitter and send me your predictions! I really can't pick a side in this one.

If you held a gun to my head, I'd have to say Chelsea advance tonight, but this is anyone's game. Should be an exciting one!

Chelsea vs Real Madrid

Welcome to this live blog, brought to you by The Boar Sport. I will be providing you with updates throughout the night as these two giants of European football face-off for the chance to become potential Champions of Europe.

The scores currently stand at 1-1 after the first leg, with Chelsea having that vital away goal in the bag.

If you want to interact with the blog, please tweet @BoarSport or @MitchRyan2572 to get involved!