No international or domestic tours will be held through the SU for the foreseeable future

No societies will be able to hold international or domestic tours using Warwick’s Students’ Union (SU) booking or funds for the foreseeable future.

In a statement issued by the SU’s Societies Officer, Olly Barron, it was confirmed that no societies or clubs will be able to book tours or trips using “SU booking processes or using society or club funds”.

This is due to “the complications of international travel at this time”. This resulted in many students on international trips earlier this year facing various issues with flights, finances and accommodation.

As international travel remains uncertain, with “constantly changing countries on the no-fly list & quarantine list”, students who wish to travel abroad in the next academic year will have to do so independently of the SU.

Similarly, domestic trips and tours have also been limited.

The SU maintains that the government’s rule of six, stating that people cannot gather in groups of larger than six, has greatly limited any opportunity for such social interactions.

Moreover, the “constantly changing regional lockdowns” in the UK, have meant that “many hotels, cottages and venues have to cancel bookings in their respective areas”, making SU bookings increasingly difficult to manage.

The SU has stated that if students do wish to travel, it would have to be as a group of individuals and not with any society, meaning no payments can be made with SU accounts.