Stagecoach announces new buses connecting the University to Coventry

Stagecoach has announced a new ‘U12’ service connecting Coventry and the University of Warwick.

Starting from 2 January 2020, the buses will run every 15 minutes from Coventry city centre via the rail station to the University, with the first bus departing from Coventry Meadow Pool at 6:15am.

The last bus from the University Interchange is timetabled for 10:59pm and the last bus from Coventry will leave at 11:25pm.

Students who have purchased a Warwickshire Unirider bus pass are able to use it on the new service.

This announcement follows the £3.7million investment in new buses, which added 17 new buses to the Unibus fleet at the start of the academic year.

Phil Medlicott, managing director for Stagecoach Midlands, said: “When we launched our new buses in September, it was clear that students wanted the option to travel with Stagecoach from Coventry.

We are constantly looking for ways to develop our services and investing in new buses and new routes is key

– Phil Medlicott

“Having listened to those students we are proud to announce U12, giving students a frequent 15-minute service from Coventry.

“It was only a few months ago that we announced our £3.7 million investment in new buses for the student market and these are now all on the road.

“We are constantly looking for ways to develop our services and investing in new buses and new routes is key.”

There are two existing bus services which connect Coventry city centre with the University: 12X and 11, which are both run by National Express. Students with the Stagecoach Unirider bus pass cannot use this service with their pass.

Stagecoach have also announced plans to make minor changes on the U1 and U2 routes from 4 January.

Stagecoach Midlands did not immediately respond when contacted for the prices of single and return tickets.