South Leamington
Image: Robin Stott / geograph.co.uk

Man arrested after woman sexually assaulted in South Leamington

A man has been charged after a woman in her 20s was robbed and sexually assaulted in South Leamington in the early hours of Wednesday 13 November.

Marius Madalin Soloman, 26, appeared in Leamington Magistrates’ Court yesterday after he was “charged with robbery, sexual assault, and assault by penetration” on Thursday.

It follows an appeal from Warwickshire Police for witnesses after a woman was “sexually assaulted in an alleyway off Regent Place” in South Leamington at approximately 3:45am.

The suspect, “described as a male in his late twenties, with dark black hair and a beard, wearing an orange jumper and black jeans”, was believed to have “left in the direction of Bath Place” afterwards.

According to the police, three men who were in the area at the time “may have witnessed the offence”.

Detective Inspector Colette O’Keefe from Leamington CID said: “This is an understandably concerning incident, and the victim is currently receiving support from specialist officers.

“An investigation has been launched and a number of enquiries are currently ongoing, including CCTV being reviewed.”

When contacted by The Boar, Warwickshire Police and Leamington Magistrates Court declined to comment.

To provide further information, call Warwickshire Police on 101 quoting incident number 33 of 13 November 2019. You can provide anonymous tips through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or their website.