Image: Warwick Media Library

Warwick ranked 54th best university in the world

The University of Warwick has been ranked the 54th best university in the world by the QS World University Rankings 2019, going up three places compared to the previous year.

Since 2012, the highest position that Warwick had was 48th in 2016, and the lowest was 58th in 2012.

Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) topped the rankings this year, with Stanford and Harvard coming in second and third respectively.

In terms of UK universities, Oxford and Cambridge came in fifth and sixth respectively. Other UK universities ranked above Warwick include Imperial College London (eighth), University College London (10th), The University of Edinburgh (18th), The University of Manchester (29th), King’s College London (31st), London School of Economics (38th), and the University of Bristol (51st).

When it comes to rankings by subject, Warwick was ranked highest for Statistics and Operational Research, coming in 16th. Business & Management Studies, ranked 19th, and English Language and Literature and Mathematics, both ranked 20th, were also among the higher-ranked subjects.

In the Complete University Guide League Tables 2019, which only looks at UK institutions, Warwick came in 9th, above University College London, the University of Bristol, Edinburgh and King’s College London.

Warwick was also ranked 79th in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019.

In terms of other world rankings, Warwick was named the 26th most sustainable university and also the 19th most international.

In terms of other domestic rankings, Warwick ranked 11th for campus safety and fourth for duck density.